Monday, July 12, 2010

You Wanna Steal a Piece of Time

aka- the conclusion of last week.

We went back right after we sent emails to the park.  Construction was even more than before.  They were tearing up the entire section where the card could have been.  We decided we should just search that last segment, and I resolved that if we didn't find it in an hour, we would give up and that would be the end of it.  So we searched...

and searched...

and searched...

and finally, a construction worker comes up to me and asks, "Is it a blue memory card with like Fuji or something written on it?"  I say yes, and ask where he saw it.  HE said he couldn't remember, but that it was somewhere on the patch that we were searching.  So this all gave me new determination.  It had been about 45 minutes, but now, I was determined to find it.  So we searched some more, and no more than 2 minutes later, I find the USB stick.  It was a little broken, like it got ran over, but after a quick plug-in, I found out that it still worked like a charm.  But now the memory card.  I couldn't find it anywhere, until this same punk construction worker comes walking over with it in his hand. 

"You found it!"

He rubs his forefinger and middle finger against his thumb.  You've got to be kidding me. 

So I paid him.  It wasn't too much, and I just wrote it off as a reward.  Whatev.  Something I'll laugh about in the future...

Point is: I found them and have all my pictures back!

Thanks for the prayers!  God listens!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.